HAPPY NEW YEAR! Sorry if that read like shouting for those who are suffering with a hangover this fine day, but I can’t help my excitement for a whole shiny brand new year! It holds the chance to change certain things about ourselves that we feel are lacking. Basically New Year gives us that much-needed kick up the butt that we need to get back on track.
But, and yes this is a big but. I feel that this year I will not be making the classic resolutions of ‘lose weight and join the gym’. Last year I was a lot kinder to myself and only did positive things like try to read and write more. I didn’t set outrageous goals or put any pressure on my little bunny self; after all I was pregnant and due to have my son this time last year. Wow that is a weird thought; it’s been nearly a whole year since my gorgeous Cabbit was born. It really is amazing how fast time whizzes by.
But yes, as I was saying (I do tend to get side-tracked easily) this year I shall be setting things I would like to do more as resolutions and won’t be hard on myself if I fail to do them. I won’t be changing anything about myself as I like who I am. It does worry me when people see the New Year as a chance to change themselves completely, to be a whole new person. It may just be me but I see this as a bit fake. Why would you want to be someone different? Why not simply be who you are and if you are intent on setting new year’s resolutions, set them as aims or goals. Goals such as spend more time with family and loved ones, or doing something creative or selfless. By all means change your image like a fancy new haircut or a complete change of wardrobe, but don’t change the person you are. A New Year can be a time of change but not of the self. Don’t ever feel bad or guilty because you didn’t lose the weight you wanted or you didn’t change your job like you said you would. Be happy in yourself and I can assure you that once you feel confident in your skin, life will be much more rewarding.
I am going on, blahhhh. 2014 was an amazing year for me and I can’t wait to see what 2015 has up its paws. I have only a few things I would like to achieve this year and it’s only small positive things. Little reminders for me to get off my lazy bunny bum and live life to the full.
- Take more time out to write, be it blogs, poetry or my projects.
- Read! Read! Read! Find the time to read more this year. You can never have enough reading done!
- Stop worrying, things will work out. Enjoy life and live in the now.
- Go for more walks and enjoy the beauty of the world we live in.
- Keep on smiling and thanking good customer service in shops.
- Clear out any clothes I no longer wear and give them to the charity shops.
- Keep on joking about in public with husband as it always makes me happy.
- Continue to be there for family and loved ones.
- Eat more cake! In reasonable portions of course 😉
- Continue to be the bunny I am, never change for anyone.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We are off to the park for a New Year’s stroll complete with silliness on the swings. I hope you all have a great day and are not too hard on yourselves when you are making you resolutions, if any!